Willis Engineering, Inc is a Phoenix based, full service structural engineering firm specializing in projects for the residential building sector. We are currently hiring a Project Engineer.
The successful candidate will work on a variety of design projects generally relating to residential wood frame construction under the direction of a Project Manager. The candidate will:
• Generate structural calculations
• Assist in preparing construction documents
• Edit/Modify plans and calculations for on-going changes and revisions
• Respond to municipality plan reviews
• Review shop drawings
• Answer Requests for Information
• Other duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural/Architectural Engineering.
• Minimum 3 years experience on engineering design projects with direct experience in residential wood-framed structures. Experience in the Arizona market preferred.
• Experience in masonry, steel, concrete and post-tensioned concrete design for residential structures.
• EIT certified. PE license preferred.
• Effective communication and organizational skills while having demonstrated ability to work within an engineering design team.
• MS office literate. Ability to use PTI Slab, RetainPro, and EnerCalc design programs.
• This position requires someone that is self-motivated with a strong commitment to produce timely and high quality work products.